Golden granola clusters from The Joy of Better Cooking
Servings: 500 gram jar
This granola is the BEST. A useful and delicious snack straight from the jar, it also doubles as a topping for sweet poached fruits for breakfast, or warm roasted pears and custard (page 258) for a supreme dessert.PRINT
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or ½ cup (175 g) honey
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats, and/or 1 cup (200 g) buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F). Line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Warm the coconut oil and maple syrup or honey together in a small saucepan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the warm coconut oil mixture over and toss together until well coated, then spread on the baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the coconut flakes are golden, stirring halfway through. Leave to cool in the tray, then break up into clusters.
- Serve with milk of your choice (try the home-made oat milk, see right!), or straight out of the jar as a snack. Keeps for up to 1 month in the fridge in an airtight container.