Parsley & Garlic (PG) paste dressing
The great thing about a classic combination of soft herb & garlic is that it really does go with everything, salad dressing wise. Something to be mindful of is your guests’ penchant for pungency, so if yours veer on the side of mild (no judgement!), pull back on adding too much of the paste - treat it like salt. But if you know that yours are the kind of guests who eat hummus for breakfast, go ham. For an extra garlicky flourish, bruise a clove and rub the inside of your serving bowl with it.PRINT
- 2 tbsp PG paste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g mesclun mix soaked in cold water
- 1 tbsp chopped chives optional
- Place the PG paste in a small clean jar with extra virgin olive oil, shake well taste for seasoning and set aside in the base of salad bowl.
- Drain and spin dry the mesclun leaves and place into the bowl, toss at the table (like my fellow friend Stephanie Alexander).
Tip If you have made the PG mix, no biggy- just rub salad bowl with cut garlic and use well washed young parsley leaves as a salad leaf sprinkle salad leaves with salt flakes, squeeze in some lemon and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Voila.