Honey soy seed sprinkle
Consider these somewhere between a 3pm pick-me up and a salad sprinkle - whatever you need them to be! You can use this method with any nuts or seeds that you’ve got in the pantry, but it works especially well with seeds to accommodate for nut-free schools and workplaces. Sprinkle this over a simple green leafy situation for bonus crunch and seasoning. Add black sesame seeds too, if you’ve got them! If you like a little kick to your seeds, use chilli oil instead of neutral for some bonus heat too.PRINT
- 1 tsp grapeseed or chilli oil
- 3 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp runny honey
- ¾ cup (120g) pepitas pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds black, white, or both!
- Preheat the oven to 150℃ (130℃ fan) and line a medium flat tray with baking paper.
- Pop the oil, soy sauce and honey together in a mixing bowl and stir about to combine to a syrupy slurry. Spread onto the lined tray and whack into the oven for 15-20 mins, mixing every 5 minutes to ensure that they’re all coated. When ready, they’ll turn a dark golden colour, and become crispy crunchy when they cool.
- Leave to cool, then break up if need be and transfer to a clean dry jar and store in the fridge for 2 weeks.