Gluten free lemon delicious “cup” cake puddings
Not only are these puddings gluten-free, but they’re also made with minimal ingredients, which means that if you’ve a hankering, you’ve probably already got everything you need! Just grab your favourite vanilla ice cream, and turn it into both the base for the cake batter, AND the topping once they’re zapped! You’ll need a microwave for this one, so if you don’t have one at home, maybe it’s a recipe to try on your lunch-break at the office? A note on microwave mug cakes - these puddings are always going to be a little damp on top, as they won’t have the cooked in the oven dry top. Don’t go overcooking them in the microwave expecting to get caramelisation. You will end up with lemony stones.PRINT
- ¾ cup soft vanilla ice cream plus extra scoops for serving
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup gluten free self-raising flour non g-f will work here too
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Icing sugar optional
- In a small bowl whisk together the softened ice cream, almond meal and lemon zest along with a pinch of salt until smooth and batter-y.
- Add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour evenly into 2 x 200ml capacity microwave-safe cups (the mixture should come just over halfway up the sides) and microwave on high for 3 ½ minutes.
- Take out and, while steaming hot, pour the lemon juice evenly over.
- Sift over some icing sugar.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.