Plum and cherry caprese with basil oil
Stone fruit is a sensational stand-in, or dance partner, in any salad where tomato is usually the hero. Team it with some verdant basil oil and creamy buffalo mozzarella, and you’ve got a twist on a classic caprese, where every bite is a surprise and delight.PRINT
- 8-10 ripe plums sliced into discs or wedges
- 4-5 large tomatoes sliced into discs
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 200 g cherries halved and pitted
- 1-2 Buffalo mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Arrange plums, tomatoes and cherries together on a platter
- Tear mozzarella into chunks and place artfully around the place.
- Finish with a drizzle of basil oil, a crack of pepper and a sprinkle of salt flakes.